PHD in Philosophy at Universidad Complutense (1979). He was a Philosophy teacher in high school from 1975 to 2010. Sharp. In 1993 he was appointed as associated teacher in the Faculty of Education in the Autonomous University of Madrid; at present he is honorary professor. He has written several books about philosophical and educational topics, with a specific focus on practical philosophy: Human rights; political philosophy; education; philosophy for children. In 1980 he was a founding member of the Spanish Society of Philosophy Teachers and. In 1986 he got a Fullbright grant to stay as visitor scholar in the IAPC (at Montclair State College). He started disseminating P4C program since 1987; then he was founding member of the the Spanish Center of Philosophy for Children; president in 1991-1994 and 2003-2004. He was also founding member of Sophia, the European foundation for the dissemination of Philosophy for Children. He is a member of the ICPIC since 1987; vice-president from 2005 till 2007, and president since 2009 till 2013. He has been editor of Thinking. The Journal of Philosophy for Children from 2006 through 2014. He is the coordinator of a stable research team on the implementation of philosophy in education and has published some researches on that subject. He has conducted many workshops on different topics related with education and the teaching of philosophy, and has also participated in many national and international conferences and congress on philosophy and education.
Last books published:
• La mirada católica. Madrid: PPC, 2012
• El troquel de las conciencias. Una historia de la educación moral en España. Madrid: Ediciones de la Torre, 2011
• Personas razonables. México D.F.: Editorial Progreso, 2010
• Crecimiento moral. México D.F.; Editorial Progreso, 2009
• Sobre la bondad humana. Madrid: Biblioteca Nueva, 2008
• y MARÍA LUISA LANZADERA, SERGIO MONTES ESCRIBANO Y JOSÉ MANUEL VALADÉS: Argumentar y razonar. Cómo enseñar y evaluar la capacidad de argumentar. Madrid: CCS, 2007.
• y GARCÍA GONZÁLEZ, M., PEDRERO SANCHO, I.: Luces y som¬bras. El sueño de la razón en Occidente. Madrid: Ediciones de la Torre, 2006 (3ª ed.)
• Pregunto, dialogo, aprendo. Como hacer filosofía en el aula. Madrid: Ediciones de la Torre, 2006
• Familia y Escuela Madrid: CESC. 2004
• y COLOM MARAÑÓN, R.; LORA CERDÁ, S.; RIVAS VIDAL, M.; TRAVER CENTAÑO, V.: La estimulación de la inteligencia cognitiva y la inteligencia afectiva. Madrid: De la Torre, 2002
• Matthew Lipman: Filosofía y educación Madrid: Ed. De la Torre, 2002 (editor y traductor)
He has also published more than 40 articles and chapters of books since 2001 till now.
Address: Fernán González, 23, 2-A. 28009 Madrid (España). E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org